Technically, a dental implant is an artificial tooth root that’s placed into your jaw to hold a prosthetic tooth or bridge. However, when most people use the term “dental implants,” they’re talking about the combination of the implant (the artificial tooth root) and the prosthetic tooth. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason and who prefer not to wear dentures.
Recommendations for dental implants
In Chisinau and Balti, the restoration of teeth with dental implants is offered by Clinics Implant.md.
In general, dental implants may be right for you if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth;
- Have a jawbone that’s reached full growth;
- Have adequate bone to secure the implants or are able to have a bone graft;
- Have healthy oral tissues;
- Don’t have health conditions that will affect bone healing;
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures;
- Want to improve your speech;
- Are willing to commit several months to the process.
Benefits of dental implantation systems from the Implant Dentar Balti clinic
Dental implant surgery is a procedure that replaces tooth roots with metal, screwlike posts and replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth that look and function much like real ones.
Among the advantages of implantation over other methods of restoring teeth are the following:
- Restores the ability to chew;
- Restores cosmetic appearance;
- Helps keep the jawbone from shrinking due to bone loss;
- Preserves the health of the surrounding bone and gums;
- Helps keep adjacent (nearby) teeth stable
- Improves quality of life.
Types of Dental implant surgery
There are essentially 4 different types of dental implants:
- A subperiosteal implant is fixed onto the jawbone, rather than fused into the jawbone, as is the case with endosteal implants.
- Endosteal implants are fused into the jawbone, whereas a subperiosteal implant is simply fixed onto the jawbone.
- A one-stage implant is a dental implant procedure that only requires one surgical procedure.
- A two-stage implant – which is often needed with endosteal implants – requires two separate surgical procedures in order to complete the entire procedure.
If you are considering different types of dental implants, contact us today and schedule a time to come visit to learn more about each available option.